Total Amount Spent in Namibia: 9,947.4 Namibian Dollars + $300 ($1,470 at $1 = 8.5 Namibian Dollars)
Exchange Rate: The Namibian dollar is tied to the South African Rand, so it also varied during our visit, but averaged out to about $1 = 8.5 Namibian dollars
Number of Days Spent in Namibia: 12 (April 15-25 & April 29, 2009)
Average Per Day Spending: 828.95 Namibian Dollars + $25 ($122.5 at $1 = 8.5 Namibian Dollars)
BREAKDOWN BY CATEGORY
- Transportation: 3,160 Namibian Dollars + $300
- Accomodations: 3,622 Namibian Dollars
- Food: 1,626.4 Namibian Dollars
- Activities: 900 Namibian Dollars
- Shopping: 500 Namibian Dollars
- Communication: 99 Namibian Dollars
- Laundry: 40 Namibian Dollars
- Aside from gas, our transportation costs for Namibia also include the price of a replacement tire (1,087 Namibian Dollars) after we had a flat.
- We camped all but 4 nights in Namibia. Camping costs ranged from 150 Namibian dollars at a private campground in Aus to 600 Namibian dollars at the National Park campground at Sesriem (very pricey but the only way to get out to the dunes for sunrise!).
- Backpackers are few and far between but are reasonably priced at about 300 Namibian dollars for a double. We splurged on our last night in Namibia and paid 612 Namibian dollars for a lovely kitted-out cottage overlooking the Okavango River.
- Admission for 2 people plus a car to a national park: 170 Namibian Dollars
- Fee to take a car across the border: 180 Namibian Dollars
- Woven basket: 40 Namibian Dollars